Sunday, August 22, 2010

Op Art Inspiration!

I have come to the conclusion that I am SEVERELY influenced by the fascinating artists of the Op Art era.  Their ideas, lives, and of course their work resonate with me on so many levels I can't help but liken myself to them.  For this reason I am going to lump all of my favorite op artists together in the next few posts.  They deserve their own section on my blog because of their dominant impact on my work.

All of the op artists I have picked out inspire me in the same basic ways.  I want to glean from them their overwhelming and dramatic use of color and contrast, their use of minimalism and or pattern, and, of course, the optical, sometimes trompe l'oeil nature to all of their work.  I think that utilizing these techniques will give my murals a greater sense of depth and presence than I could achieve with just simple painting/glazing techniques.

-DJK

No comments:

Post a Comment